Makes 2 loaf pans
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup honey
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
A pinch of ground cloves
1 cup boiling coffee or tea
- Heat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, oil, sugar, honey, and spices.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture. Mix just until a smooth batter forms. Add boiling coffee or tea in 2-3 additions and beat quickly to create a thin, smooth batter.
- Pour immediately into baking pans lined with parchment paper, filling it 2/3 of the way.
- Bake 35-40 min. until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
Subscribe Now and Get Our Free Recipe E-Book!
Now you can experience the authentic flavours of Israel and the surrounding region with Batya Segal's personal favourite recipes. A long-time lover of fresh, delicious, and easy-to-execute meals, Batya's recipes will bring the aromas of Israel into your kitchen for the whole family to enjoy. Yours free as a thank you for supporting our life changing work in Israel.