8 cups (1 kg) flour
1 tsp. active dry yeast
3 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
4 ¼ cups (1 liter) warm water
1 cup (200 g) soft butter
1. Sift flour into a large bowl and add yeast. Add salt and sugar.
2. Add water and mix into a soft, wet dough.
3. Allow dough to rise about 1 hour at room temperature until it doubles.
4. Knead again and let rise another hour.
5. Divide dough into 8 equal portions.
6. Butter the inside of an oven-proof pot.
7. Flatten each piece of dough, spread with butter, and fold into 4.
8. Arrange all pieces in the pot.
9. Cover the pot with a lid and bake at 350° F (180° C) for 20 minutes.
10. Serve with hard-boiled egg, grated tomato, and zchoog (Yemenite hot sauce).